Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adultery On The Compound

                          PERSONAL NAMES HAVE BEEN RESPECTFULLY REMOVED


This part of my story is a little saddening. I say that because of the people who suffered because of the adultery that took place on the Holyland. While I was there I would hear rumors of adultery and of course because I was so loyal to The Bishop I couldnt believe that this was happening. It was'nt long after I left that the puzzle pieces began to come together. This Adultery that I had heard of over the years not only happened while I was there but it was going on long before I even knew anything about the Holyland, Reach Inc. or The Bishop.
What I find sad is that The Bishop would tell us a story to us about a farmer and his eggs. He was telling his story the whole time and those of us who were new had no clue as to why this story was so important. But when I left the farmer and the egg story became clear to me.
The story he would tell was about a farmer who would move eggs. He would say that the chicken wouldnt know that the eggs they sat on were moved. But when the eggs hatched the chicken treated the little chick/s as their own. Moral of the story...Be Careful how you treat the children....The could be related to you.....
Ok..So these are his children by several of the woman that lived on the compound including his wife...


Bishop Luke Edwards fathered alot of children on the compound and some were born before he moved to the South and started the Holyland. The personal stories that I have heard and personally know about helped me in putting all the children together with the parents. . There are many amazing stories behind how the children were concieved. Nevertheless the living arrangements were as such that the opportunity for this type of adultery not only by the Bishop but by many other married men were easy to take place becasue the wives were made to spend months away from their husbands and children. I will cover those stories  later in another blog and my book

1 comment: