Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Greyhound Trail

Well, the time had come for me to get on the bus. I did everything I was instructed to do the previous day. Don't Tell ANYONE that your leaving....check....Dont pack ANY of your clothes, we have what you need to wear...check... Dont forget to PRAY because this is the will of God...and check.
Sis Ola came to pick me up and took me to the greyhound bus station which was located in Ypsilanti, Michigan September 9th 1984. We talked a little while we waited for my bus to come and when it did she bid me well and said that she would see me once she returned home.
Home for Sis Ola was in Meridian, Mississippi where she lived in a room  in the basement of the Church. I found out later that she was very fond of her little whatnots, and if you wanted to get her anything, a whatnot was quite enough.

So, I boarded the bus and headed to Meridian, Mississippi. The trip from Michgan to Mississippi  was  a 1 day trip and I was instructed to call the REACH Inc. office once I arrived so that I could be pick up. I didnt know what the REACH Inc. office was all about but soon I would find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment