Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Made It

 I made it, meaning the one day bus trip had come to an end. I was glad, and anxious because this was a new place but most of all I was confused. I had just left all that I knew, I was a teenager and 3 months pregnant. My babys father was going through his own legal problems. He was in jail for murder and I felt so all alone. I did know that I wanted my baby and I wanted him to have a better life than the one I had. And at the time I was hoping that being pregnant and making this big decision, that I had made was the right one.
I arrived at the bus station and pulled out my piece of paper and found a payphone  to call the number so that I could be picked up. I remember calling and asking for Denise and I was told that she was still working and couldnt come to get me but that they were expecting me to call and nicely I must say, that I was told a ride would be there to pick me up.
I was a bit confused as to why Denise would tell me to call her once I arrived and then she not be able to come and get me. After all, she would be the only person I knew. I didnt understand at the time but I would before long find out the answers to my whys and whats of being at REACH Inc.
So I sat down and waited. Not scared or anythiing just still in a state of confusion but everyone had been so nice to me I really had no reason to fear anything.
I was greeted by a lady who had a big beautiful spirit as well as her smile. It was like meeting someone sent from heaven. Her name was Sis Davis. I can honestly say that she was always the same, out of all the evil people I got to know there she was never considered one of them.
She gave me a hug and we got into the car and drove not far from the bus station to a church. I didnt understand why we were going to a church but I remained quiet.
Once we parked, she told me to get out and we went inside the church from the back, since it was so late she kindly told me to help myself to something in the kitchen to eat, and then she would show me to my room. And my room did not mean my room. The room I went to was the room I had to share with Denise. This was a bit weird at first, surely not something I was used to or expected because I thought the whole time that I was going to Denise' house to live with her, the set up at first was weird but I went along with it.
Well, that was my first night I cleaned up for bed in the church bathroom upstairs and went to sleep. I only wanted to see Denise..........

No comments:

Post a Comment